Saturday, September 11, 2004

I have a Home!

so this morning i woke up in my very own apartment! it was really
exciting. It's in a cool neighborhood, and the building is super-old,
so it feels very european. It's three flights up to our flat - which
should make me really god about climbing staris, and very dizzy - as
it's a big spiral staircase.
i've got a bed, a desk, and a bookcase - and we get a refrigerator and a
stove tomorrow. Then i can buy fish from the stands by the Vieux Port,
and make my own moules frites.
Nick, the third pepperdine chap i'm rooming with, arrived today. It's
weird to think that i arrived only five days ago - but even in such a
short time, i feel comfortable around the city and am able to get
around without too much difficulty. I'm able to pick up more french in
conversation also - the only challenge is i sometimes stumble on a
word, and spend so much time figuring out what it means, that i miss
the second half of the sentence. I need to get better at that. I'm also
hoping that my confidence while speaking will grow, which i think it
will.
Anyway, today, i'm off to buy a mop and broom - and some other
bric-a-brac for the new place. The address, by the way is:

Sanjiv Gajiwala
87-89 Rue Consolat
13003 Marseille France


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home