Tuesday, November 16, 2004

So lots of news today. Be prepared.
First, for those of you that miss me, world currency markets and family demands have conspired to cut short my little European adventure - and I will be returning to chicago this coming friday. I expect a parade, and perhaps many of the department stores to hold gigantic sales heralding my return.
Second, If i never have to take a marseille bus again, it will be too soon. Today, on the "jetbus" it took over 45 minutes to get from the train station to campus. 45 minutes. It wouldn't have been so bad, but i was teamed up against by a dirty frenchman who refused to move away into an open space, and an accident on the road. in america, they usually move the accident off the road as soon as possible, or close off the lane in advance. Not here. Here, the bus waits behind the accident until the tow truck takes the car away. Grr.
Third, I feel really, really bad for some of our professors here. today, in my HR class, we had to give presentations on books that were assigned to us at the beginning of the semester for various reasons, including the laziness of french students, only my group (of 2) and one other was prepared. Leaving 5 groups (of over 6 people each) without preparation. The prof flipped out and left the class one hour early. it was terrible. And the french, didn't care one bit.
Andrea has been visiting the last week - and, she has been cooking dinner. Fantastic - no cooking for me. I love it.
Talk to, and see some of you, soon.
--Sanjiv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home