Sunday, January 09, 2005

Stupid Rain!
So it's basically rained nonstop since i've returned to LA. Except for one shining afternoon where i got to put the top down in the car, it's been watery. I even had to buy new wipers - which i installed myself, thank you very much. Not that it's difficult, but anytime i do anything manual-labor related, i feel proud.
In other news, i now have my first week of classes at pepperdine under my belt (if you can count three courses in three days as a week). Felt good. While they may not be the most interesting of classes, it'll definitely be nice. I also got some momentum in my job search. Went to a career fair on thursday, and I feel energized for the upcoming weeks. if i can stay busy, and continue to have events and chances to network, i think that I should have things come my way.
In other (baseball) news, The Mets appear to be signing Beltran. I'm kind of disappointed in the cubs this year. They just didn't make the offseason impact i hoped for - no signings and no real effort ot improve the team. it seems like every club acquired a marquee free agent - but not us. Hopefully we're not just standing still, and these prospects we have start to pan out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick N. said...

Ahh the rain. If it makes you feel better, it rains in Paris as well as being cloudy at least once a day. Please go to Tommy's Cheeseburgers and please describe the sensation on the next blog comment. Also, good job on being a "real boy". You're actually learning, you're doing it Tommy, you're doing it!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Nick N. said...

To respond to your baseball comments...Go Yankees!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home