Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Sleep is for the meek...

So we're on night 3 of the no-sleep party i'm enjoying right now. Lemme tell ya something, not being able to sleep is a pretty tough racket. One, you can't make a racket becuase you might wake up the neighbors. Two, laying in bed is just torture, since there's nothing to do but think - which is what i've been doing a lot of. First, it occurred to me that ti's been a long time since i've had a good steak. I think the first order of business upon procuring new employment will definitely be to go out to a steakhouse. I feel like that's a worthy reward.
Another thoughts that struck me tonight - i'm totally uninterested in advertising. I think i've been so exposed my whole life, that i'm totally desensitized. I've been looking at magazines, trying to study the ads, to see what i'm interested in (for job purposes), and i can't stand it. Ads are so boring. There are really very few that capture you, and then, i usually can't even remember what the ad is about. The lone exception are ads that are unexpected, catch you by surprise, and make you do something right away. For example, during tonight's all-star game, chevy unfurled a banner for their new suv - the HHR. They've set up a site where people can submit content, and the promotion, while i'm sure coordinated with the fox crew, surprised me, and made me check out their site. I don't want the car, but it was a unique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home