Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend Update...

In honor of the great anchors who have sat behind the weekend update desk, i offer this thoroughly uninspired update on my weekend:
Friday, went out for a long overdue evening in Koreatown. It might possibly be one of my top five favorite neighborhoods in LA. I love the restaurants (korean BBQ, bibimbap, weird preparations of egg and fish), the nightlife (clubbing and karaoke, who could ask for more). And, i always go with my friend James, who being korean, manages to make an evening where i never talk to anyone except those i am with. The service staff always talks to him, i have no idea what he orders. i just know it's bound to be a good time. I could only hope to one day squire people around devon ave. with the same authority. Sadly, patel bros. is no substitute for the karaoke rooms.
Saturday, my sister and I conspired to create a spanish restaurant in the Casa Gajiwala. Sona was in charge of whipping up some sangria and tapas, and i went to town on a batch o' paella (of which we still have mind boggling quantities left) All went well, and even though we had a crap load of dishes to do on sunday, the cleaning was eased by the use of our yet-unamed roomba (molex was nixed). I just set it, it went crazy all over the living room, whilst i watched movies on hbo (including anchorman for the 57th time this year).
You stay classy, blog readers. And thanks for stopping by. But mostly stay classy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

Another posting, this is unprecedented! Keep up the good work Gajiwala!

In the mean time I'm trying to come up with a name for your new addition to the family, perhaps once I see the little guy I'll be inspired.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home