Thursday, February 09, 2006

Grammys

Forget about the actual event. Last night, my hooked-up sister managed to come across some tickets for the official grammy's afterparty/celebration. Which was pretty damn cool. It was mostly filled with industry people, but there were a solid number of b-list celebrities. We had a Ron Jeremy sighting, a Joe Jackson (of Michael Jackson fame) sighting, and Evander Holyfield. Who my sister was chatting up for the better part of an hour. Evander (as she now calls him) even took down her phone number. That's my sister.
Best parts were: Free booze courtesy of Belvedere, Patron, and Heineken. Free Food which was pretty good and included a hot brownie sundae bar. Weird performance art which included a dude in briefs with a leaf blower, blowing it at a woman in a sheer white dress. Performances by Earth Wind and Fire with Kelly Rowland, Will I. Am, Sleepy Brown, and Brian McKnight. I'll post pictures later tonight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dining next to Robert Duval is better than any of these sightings. I'm not a stargazer at all. I'm completely unimpressed with celebrities, actually, but Duval might get more than a yawn from me. What most folks don't seem to get is that celebrities are just regular people whom many others recognize. They still eat, sleep, flirt, etc. just like the rest of us. And, you making googlie eyes at them just feeds their already enormous egos.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home